Sunday, December 22, 2013

Letter to My Children - December 2013



Dear Destina, 

I am writing to you this month because it will be your second birthday on the 26th...you, my almost Christmas baby! Actually, your sister Jillian has a birthday this month too, but since I don't have any updated photos of her, we'll have to save her for another month. You are growing so fast and doing so many new things these days! You've decided that you've grown out of your high chair and will only eat while sitting at the big peoples table now. You're out of your rear-facing car seat - finally - you were in yours longer than any of your siblings though. You don't like your stroller anymore either - you're perfectly happy to walk the whole mall on your little legs during a shopping trip.

You can count to 10 (well almost...it goes more like 123...5...8, 9, 10) in English AND Turkish...not too shabby for not quite 2! Speaking of Turkish, you speak lots of other Turkish words too...your baba and babaanne are pretty happy about that! You can sorta read some English words. You know "hi", but then you think all letter groups spell "hi" (LOL).  You're learning your colors.You know how to open Skype on the iPad and call your babaanne...I am blown away by that one (and why are you not potty trained yet?!? I think you're holding out on me...) You still love Mickey Mouse and "babies" (any toy with facial features is a "baby" haha).

I hope you'll be excited about Christmas this year...and your birthday...you are, but you're not 100% sure what's going on yet. I bet you'll remember next year!

Squeezes and Smooches
Mom







Please follow our blog circle on to the next entry by Lauren Somershoe Bauerschmidt


2 comments:

  1. She is two already!?!?! I feel like you and Ozzie just met...I can't believe how fast time goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it is flying by for sure! These little ones are growing up too fast!!

    ReplyDelete